The argumentative essay is one of the most popular types of academic essays. In fact, you may have even written a few argumentative papers without realizing it. But just because this is a common essay, it does not mean that this is an easy one to write. Argumentative essays demand rigorous research and strong critical thinking skills. What this indicates, instead, is that you can write argumentative essays about any topic under the sun.
What is an argumentative essay?
An argumentative essay is a type of critical thinking essay that presents arguments about an issue. Professors typically ask students to take a stand on an issue and present arguments toward this stand. However, an argumentative essay may also present both sides of an argument objectively.
What is the difference between an argumentative essay and a persuasive essay?
The argumentative essay is commonly interchanged with the persuasive essay. While both types these types of essays present arguments, there is a significant difference between them.
The argumentative essay and the persuasive essay vary primarily in their goal. On the one hand, an argumentative essay’s primary goal is to defend a stand on an issue. It attempts to convince the reader to side with them by presenting strong arguments that are supported by evidence. On the other hand, a persuasive essay aims to make the reader take their side. The writer of a persuasive essay may employ different styles of persuasion, but they may not necessarily incorporate evidence.
Another difference between the argumentative essay and the persuasive essay is how they achieve their goals or how they present their claims. In an argumentative essay, your claims must always be logical and supported by evidence. Evidence must be from credible sources, such as peer-reviewed studies or scholarly articles. Whereas a persuasive essay may appeal to emotion and use other modes of persuasion.
Despite these differences, both argumentative essays and persuasive essays require strong arguments and research.
What is the structure of an argumentative essay?
In order to defend your stand on an issue, you must be able to clearly present your arguments and the facts that support them. The academe has established a structure for argumentative essays. There is not much room for deviance in writing this type of essay because doing so may compromise the strength and effectiveness of your arguments. Argumentative essays typically contain 6 paragraphs at the minimum.
Your introduction should tell your reader about the topic you are writing about. Give your reader ample information so they understand the context of the issue. This is also where you introduce your stand on the issue through your thesis statement. For your introduction to be successful, your background information should be comprehensive but concise and your thesis statement should be clear and definitive.
This is the meat of your argumentative essay. The body of your argumentative essay contains 4 paragraphs or more. This is where you present your arguments or your claims about the topic and the evidence that support them. In a typical argumentative essay, there should be three claims, which will be explained and expanded in their own paragraphs. For every claim you present, follow it up with evidence. The strength of your arguments relies on the credibility of your evidence, so make sure to be thorough in your research.
The body of an argumentative essay has another section—the counterargument. The counterargument presents the strongest argument against your stand and then rebuts this. Take your time to develop a strong rebuttal for the counter-argument to show your readers that your arguments can stand against opposition. This is the last opportunity to prove that your stand is the winning point.
The conclusion ties up the argumentative essay. This is where you restate your thesis, your arguments, the counter-argument, and your rebuttal. If you have additional insights to offer, you may bring it up in the conclusion. This is your last opportunity to make your case for your argument, so go out with a bang.
Why should I avail an argumentative essay writing service?
Many students struggle with presenting a strong argument for their argumentative essays. Argumentative essays require hours of research and careful crafting of arguments. Great argumentative essays are able to present evidence in a way that
Our writers have years of experience in both researching, arguing, and writing in their undergraduate and postgraduate education, as well as in their employment. These industry professionals are trained to research and build arguments objectively, regardless of their personal stand on the topic. With more than 10 years of experience, our writers can help you build your argument, find relevant and credible evidence, and fine tune your argumentative essay. Contact us today for more information on our argumentative essay writing service.
Hire a professional writer now!
- Get exactly what you need. Our writers will write your paper based on the instructions and will revise the paper until it meets all the instructions.
- Plagiarism-free, authentic paper! We produce fresh papers for each order. Not only can you count on its authenticity and uniqueness, but we also guarantee that each argumentative essay is 100% plagiarism-free. Every paper written by our professional writers will pass a plagiarism test like Turnitin® or SafeAssign®.
- Get your paper on time. With writers in different time zones, our services can accommodate your projects 24/7. They can work on your project anytime and even with challenging time constraints. We will work on your argumentative essay overnight while you sleep!
- Affordable services. Our writing services are specially tailored for students like you, so the price range remains affordable. Compare our pricing with other writing services and you will find that we have the most reasonable pricing for high-quality projects.
- Ironclad confidentiality. Confidentiality is our second priority, next only to the quality. Trust that our company will make sure that no third party will find out that you have used our services.
- Secure and convenient payment. Our webservers are 100% PCI DSS compliant while our website is encrypted with a 256-bit SSL technology so you can rest assured that all transactions with us are safe. We accept credit cards through convenient payment platforms, WorldPay and Paypal.