Argumentative essays are often being required by professors on almost all subjects. What is it and why is it famous? If you have not heard of argumentative essay, it is an essay with the intention to persuade the readers to take your side on a certain issue. Argumentative essays require you to take a strong stand regarding a certain issue and being able to support and defend it. If you are the type of person who is not really good at persuading people, then you might feel worried about writing an argumentative essay. If this is the case, keep in mind that even if you are not good in persuasion, you can still ace your argumentative essay by properly structuring you argumentative essay.
Structure of an argumentative essay
What is the proper structure of a strong argumentative essay?
- Introduction - In your introduction, you shall provide a brief contextualization about your topic. Introduce your readers to the issue by identifying and explaining it as well as discussing the trends and phenomenon surrounding it. In some essays, it is good to mention your stand early on the introduction but for other essays it is best to mention it to the body—this depends on the complexity of your issue. If you want your essay to appeal strong, state your stand in your thesis statement.
- Body - Your essay body should contain your main argument and supporting argument along with facts. You shall be as detailed as possible in your body. Do not forget that whenever you are making a claim, it shall always be followed by facts. In that way you can establish to the readers that your argumentative essay is credible and that the readers should listen to your stand.
- Conclusion - Try to resolve the issue in your conclusion. Discuss why your stand about the issue is correct and how it will help resolve the issue. You have to wrap up your whole argument in your conclusion accurately and concisely as this will be the part that will make or break your essay, so be careful with how you write your conclusion.
Common problems when writing an argumentative essay
Argumentative essays are different from persuasive essays and most students unknowingly write a persuasive essay even though they are intending to write an argumentative essay. Why does this happen? Here are some of the common problems students encounter when writing an argumentative essay:
- Gathering facts and finding enough support. One of the trickiest part in writing an argumentative essay is its pre-writing process. Data gathering is one of the most tedious step in writing an argumentative essay since you have to gather facts for each claim you want to discuss in your essay. Not having enough support for your claims will render your essay weak or even invalid. It is best to dig deep on the issue, read a lot of texts about it before forming your argument.
- Having a contradicting argument. Be wary of your claims and your sentence structure. More often than not, you might overlook small details regarding the issue but you have to be careful as the details you might overlook might result to you contradicting your own argument. There are times when we get overwhelmed by information that we find it hard to organize our ideas and that could lead to inconsistent claims. Do not forget to proofread your work to avoid this situation.§
- Not reader-friendly. Another effective way to get readers to agree with you is by using the perfect tone for your target audience. The tone of your essay can help you make your argumentative essay stronger. Your tone can also convince the readers that your essay is indeed credible. When your tone is not suitable to your target readers, readers tend to stop reading midway—if this happens, then your effort would be wasted. If your professors would have a hard time reading your essay, your grades might suffer.
- Putting your own opinion. You might think that argumentative essay is all about defending your own opinion about a certain issue but this is a common misconception. When writing an argumentative essay, you must make an informed opinion when making a stand. An informed opinion means educating yourself first regarding an issue and forming an articulate argument regarding the facts you have gathered. Sometimes, your personal opinion about a certain issue might be different from your stand when you write an argumentative essay.
Why should you avail an argumentative essay writing service?
If your writing process is being constantly delayed because of the difficulty in gathering information for your argumentative essay, it might be time for you to avail our writing services. Here are the perks you will enjoy when availing our services:
- Originally written papers - We always ensure the originality of our outputs which is why we invest in plagiarism checkers and impose strict rules on plagiarism to be consistent in delivering plagiarism-free outputs to our clients.
- A team of professional writers - We only hire university graduate writers with professional experiences and expertise in their respective fields. This is to ensure that we can only deliver great quality academic papers to our clients.
- Quick customer assistance - Our lines are open 24/7 to ensure that we can immediately address all of our clients’ concerns. We understand that it is hard to entrust your academic paper to a stranger which is why we work hard to ease our clients’ anxiety by assuring them that they can contact us anytime.
- Cheap prices for quality services - We know that students have limited budget and as much as possible we want to accommodate everyone so we set a very reasonable price for all types of students.
- Simple website - We maintain a simple website to ensure that even students who are not tech savvy can access and navigate through our website.
- Privacy - We respect our client’s personal details so we impose strict rules regarding confidentiality.
Get an essay writing service as fast as a rabbit
With all the misconceptions on writing an argumentative essay, writing it alone can be hard and before you know it you only have a few days left before the deadline. Cramming might gravely affect the quality of your essay making it week and unreliable. If you are in this tight situation, we have a solution for you—avail EssayRabbit’s argumentative essay writing now. With just a few clicks, your problems will be solved. Just message us and hit that order button now.